- PICKING THE WRONG PRODUCT
The right cleanser should completely remove dirt, makeup, and grime, but not strip away too much of your skin’s natural oils or healthy cells. Find one that does the job and is neither too gentle nor too harsh.
- OVERDOING IT
For the most part, washing once or twice a day is good protocol but any more can irritate skin which can lead to an overproduction of oil.
- USING IRRITATING INGREDIENTS
Avoid irritating ingredients such as fragrances, colorants, and synthetic preservatives. Sodium lauryl sulfate is another one to sidestep. It’s common cause of irritation and allergic reaction. Always read ingredient labels.
At night, I do the same routine just like the morning, but before I apply my face oils, I apply my face clay mask. I combine it with apple cider vinegar. I let it sit on my face for 30 minutes and wash it off with luke warm water. I then apply my witch hazel, tea tree oil and also rose water spray. I also moisturize my face with Shea Moisture African Black Soap Problem Skin Moisturizer. I also use Bentonite Indian Healing Clay also as a facial mask.
- Best Face Scrubs: Biore Pore Unclogging Scrub, $7.49
- Queen Helene Oatmeal ‘n Honey Natural Facial Scrub, $4.60
- Arbonne FC5 Exfoliating New Cell Scrub, $34 (GREAT FOR BLACK HEADS!!!!)
- Clean & Clear Morning Burst Skin Brightening Facial Scrub, $7.09
$20 – greenpeople.co.uk